Black women are starting businesses at record rates, but they still face significant challenges when it comes to accessing capital. Grants can be a great way to help black women entrepreneurs get their businesses off the ground or grow their existing businesses.
There are a number of different grants available to black women https://businessshed.ca/ entrepreneurs. Some of the most well-known grants include:
- The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program: This program provides $10,000 grants and business education to black women entrepreneurs.
- The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Rising Star Award: This award provides $10,000 grants to black women entrepreneurs who are members of WBENC.
- The National Urban League’s Women’s Empowerment Fund: This fund provides grants to black women entrepreneurs who are working to improve their communities.
In addition to these well-known grants, there are also a number of smaller grants available. These grants may be offered by local organizations, foundations, or even individual donors.
Finding grants for black women entrepreneurs can be a challenge, but it is definitely possible. There are a number of resources available to help you find grants, including:
- The Black Women’s Business Development Center: This organization provides a database of grants for black women entrepreneurs.
- The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO): This organization also provides a database of grants for women entrepreneurs.
- The Foundation Center: This organization provides a searchable database of grants.
If you are a black woman entrepreneur who is looking for funding, don’t give up. There are a number of grants available to help you succeed. With a little bit of research, you can find the grant that is right for you.
Here are some additional tips for finding grants for black women entrepreneurs:
- Network with other black women entrepreneurs. They may be able to share information about grants that they have applied for or received.
- Attend grant workshops and seminars. These events can provide you with information about grants and how to apply for them.
- Follow grant organizations on social media. This is a great way to stay up-to-date on new grant opportunities.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you are struggling to find grants, there are a number of organizations that can help you.
With hard work and perseverance, you can find the grants that you need to succeed in business.